{Had to Have} Double Chocolate Brownies



For I don't know how long ... I have had this crazy persistent craving for warm melt-y decadent chocolate brownies with pistachio ice cream!  I finally gave into it last night and made big batch of really indulgent goodness!  I convinced myself that I did this for two reasons--one, it was the first day of September and nothing feels more like the official ending of summer than September arriving! --and second, 'les garcons' are returning to school next week and I thought they deserved a little comfort food on their last official weekend of summer 'vacances'.

Truthfully, yes.  We all know that it was more about me and what I wanted... and I had to have these!  They turned out amazing and I have to tell you that nothing fills a kitchen in a better way on a cool first-of-September Saturday evening than the smell on melting chocolate!

A few things make these brownies a little more 'to-die-for'....  I used almond flour which give a wonderful gooey and rich texture, I add orange-dark-chocolate chunks and for moisture and even more richness, I use creamy coco-nut milk.  So yes, these are both wheat/gluten free and dairy free.


Double Chocolate {Chunk} Brownies

2 cups almond meal/flour
1 cup whole grain rice flour
1 1/2 cups 'blonde' sugar (unrefined or light brown)
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 cup pure unsweetened coco-powder
3 eggs
3/4 cup butter or dairy free margarine, melted
1/2 cup coconut milk
1 cup ( or 1 large bar broken into pieces) chopped dark chocolate, I used dark chocolate with orange!

I find with brownies, they are made to be unfussy.  I literally do every thing in one bowl, blending with an electric hand mixer as I go along.  I added most of the chopped chocolate chunks to the batter and then sprinkled the rest to melt on top and I used both a round cake form and a few small cup-cake cups made of silicon to cook the brownies.  

Bake at 350 F degrees or around 180 C degrees for just under 30 minutes or until they are firm but still slightly gooey! 

These days I am a big fan of pistachio ice-cream...but French Guy is allergic to pistachios so he had his brownie with creme-caramel.

Delish!  Satisfied the craving perfectly!  Try it and see!


No comments:

Post a Comment